MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing Posts By Registered Users

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Editing Posts By Registered Users Reply with quote

Fyi..

As of today none of the users cannot edit their own posts. The Site Admin, Site Director & the moderators are only people who can edit posts.

Check this link for the reasons.

http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?p=10107

Thanks

Kolusu

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Dibakar
Advanced

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolusu,

I understand the need for preventing edit. But probably it won't be a bad idea, if possible, to allow to edit a post within an of hours fo posting it, as this is the time when you genuinely need to edit and probaly people won't be able to take any advantage either.

Thanks,
Diba.
Dibakar
Advanced

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming back to say I mean 'probably' doesn't look very cool. I know, there is a preview, but since there was no special formating involved in the post I didn't do it. And came the requirement to edit ... genuine, beleive me.
MikeBaker
Beginner

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Both Funny and Ridiculous Reply with quote

Kolusu,

I just read this post for the first time today, and was amazed at how you answered like 1001 questions for that guy. I had a good laugh.

And then later as I was poking around on the net, I typed "Macmillan, Mainframe, India" into Google, and found that fellows website.

http://www.Mcmillan_The_Moron.com/

Sadly, he has basically cloned your website.

The guy appears to essentially be a vampire. Extracting cash from the wallets of the ignorant, whilst not having a clue himself. Hence on his website, he says that you are not allowed to enrol in his college if you also already received training elsewhere. You know why don't you? Basically because such a student would be real real bad for student moral, because he would know how absolute crap their training is.

Keep up the good work. At least you can sleep soundly at night.
MikeBaker
Beginner

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Whoa!!!!!! Reply with quote

I see that you don't allow his real website name to appear.

Like, I type one thing, and next thing I know, "www.macmillan the moron" is appearing, and *I* certainly didn't type that!!

Just adds to the humour I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: