MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printable format

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> About Mvsforums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cogito-Ergo-Sum
Advanced

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Printable format Reply with quote

Kolusu,
Some of the posts are really very interesting and informative. Now, by nature, I always aim for paperlessness. But, there are times when I am away from computer and I want to go thru" some posts made here. For such situations, I sometimes take a hardcopy of the posts.

The problem is, these threads are not "print-friendly". When I print using Potrait view then the lines are truncated at the right and landscape view takes a lot of pages. So, is it possible to have an option of having a printable format for every thread? We do not really need the avatars in the print, the profile, mail, www links in the print. No date/time stamp, quick reply, graemlins (near the quick reply) are required. Just, the text, with the heading as the topic of post followed by breaks for various replies with the replier's name. OK, maybe the printable format can have the banner of Endeavor Software Consultants! Wink

Of course, others may have different options for printting. But, I am sure, my suggestion will be seconded by many.

Debugging tip:
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
-- Sherlock Holmes.
dalaly
Beginner

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cogito-Ergo-Sum,

This is a really good suggestion and I went ahead and added it. The way it works is that at the beginning and end of each topic below the "email a friend link", I have added a new hyperlink labeled "printable version" which will provide you a printable format of the entire thread when you click on it. Once this new formated screen appears you will then select FILE ==> PRINT from the menu bar and that is it.

Best regards and thanks for the suggestion,

-dalaly
Cogito-Ergo-Sum
Advanced

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalaly,
Great! Thanks, Dalay.

I tested a sample page. It looks OK to me.

Debugging tip:
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
-- Sherlock Holmes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> About Mvsforums All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: