MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why CICS not provided file opening and close options?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Interview Q & A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuroyus
Beginner

Topics: 14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Why CICS not provided file opening and close options? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have two interview questions. Please share your views on this.

1) Why CICS is not provided file opening and closing?

I explained that when the CICS region ups, it will open all the files and by using the CEMT I FILE can change the status of the file. More than one transaction may be using the same file, so if one program is closed a file which is using by another program in the other transaction will cause a seviour problem.

But still that guy is not satisfied with my explanation.

2)Suppose I have 5 million records in a file and thru a batch program I am updating them in to a db2 table. Can you tell me for how many records you will put a commit. Suppose you are doing a commit after 10000 records or may be after 1L records, ofcourse may be at some X number of records. How you will decide this commit? Based on what are all the constraints?

I explained may be it depends on the buffer pool(how much memory it can hold maximum) available to decide the commit point.

Here also he is not satisfied.

Can any one share your views on this?

Thanks
Madhu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Interview Q & A All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: