MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISRT failing for large messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> IMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bade_miya
Beginner

Topics: 38

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: ISRT failing for large messages Reply with quote

Hi All,

We are trying to invoke a test program via IMS Connect. I am using a 700K input request. The IMS application program is invoked and it is able to read the entire message through multiple GN calls. But when I am inserting the response back to the IMS message queue via multiple ISRT calls, the program is failing with U0476 error. The same program without any code change is working for smaller messages like 200K and client gets back the message.

My question is whether we need to take anything special into consideration while inserting multiple segments. I am dividing it into chunks of 32K (32763 bytes) data for each insert.

Here is my ISRT call
Code:

MOVE LOW-VALUES     TO DFSAIB-PCBADDR-X       
MOVE IMS-DC-AREA-LL TO DFSAIB-AIBOALEN-OUTLEN
MOVE ZEROS          TO DFSAIB-AIBOAUSE-OUTUSE
MOVE IMS-DC-PCBNAME TO DFSAIB-AIBRSNM1-PCBNAME

CALL WS-AIBTDLI   USING WS-IMS-PARM-COUNT 
                               IMS-FUNC   
                               DFSAIB-MASK
                               IMS-DC-AREA

Am i doing something wrong here or forgetting something major?

Thanks
bade_miya
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bade_miya,

AFAIR , U0476 abend is due to PSB error. Make sure the IMS-DC-PCBNAME contains a valid PSB name

Kolusu
bade_miya
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolusu,

Thanks for the reply. I am only using IO-PCB in my program. I am passing 'IOPCB ' to IMS-DC-PCBNAME. Another doubt I have is that if it was a problem with the PCB, why is it not failing for smaller messages and for the GU calls? I checked the manuals and it says about various reasons (including the one which you mentioned). One of the reasons is because
Quote:
"The address of the PCB in the call is not one of the PCB addresses
passed to the application at its entry point."
Is there any way the address of a PCB can change between entry point after several GN calls unless and until you manually cahnge it in the program?

Thanks
bade_miya
Anuj Dhawan
Intermediate

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bade_miya wrote:
Is there any way the address of a PCB can change between entry point after several GN calls unless and until you manually cahnge it in the program?
There is no way "PCB address is changed on the fly" - once the PCBs are defined in PSB, they are written to stones.

On the other hand, usually you get this abend when the DLI call specifies a PCB, that is not addressed in the entry statement. And as PCBs exists out side the application program. So we need to address them.That's what entry statement does, gets address of PCB's. Having said that - check if in linkage section concerned PCB is coded (don't bother about the order). BUT Entry statement should be in the same order as in PSB. Also, CALL should have a pcb that was properly addressed in entry as well as present in linkage.
bade_miya
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Just came here to tell you that my issue is resolved and the root cause so that someone else can benefit from it.

In my case, the large message was overflowing in the working storage section to the AIB mask defined under the overflowing field. Thus the first 8 bytes of the AIB mask was overwritten by some value other than 'DFSAIB'. The manual says one of the reason for U0476 abend to be

An address for an AIB was provided but the first eight bytes of the block do not equal 'DFSAIB'.

Fixing the overflow fixed my AIB mask and rectified the U0476 issue. Hope this will be helpful for someone
dbzTHEdinosauer
Supermod

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bade miya,

Thank you for returning with the resolution.
expat
Intermediate

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bade_miya wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Just came here to tell you that my issue is resolved and the root cause so that someone else can benefit from it.
Excellent gesture. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> IMS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: