MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lowercase question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdlipay
Beginner

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Lowercase question Reply with quote

Okay, did searches, couldn't find anything that helps.

Using the SET NOUCTRANS I can turn the translation off for a terminal, but it creates more issues than it solves.

What I have is the need to have ONE field be enabled for lowercase. According to the CICS manual using CASE=MIXED on the DFHMDF should do it, but it doesn't. Even tried combining it with ASIS on the receive, but no good.

Any thoughts / suggestions?
Terry_Heinze
Supermod

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This same question was asked and is being answered on another board. Are you one and the same?
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdlipay,

Please do not post the questions across multiple helpboards. Pick a board of your choice (I don't care if it is a competitor board) and if you do not get the answer within reasonable time (8 hours min) then only you can post on this board.

Check this link which explains the problem and solution for CICS input map with mixed case is translated to upper case even after SET TERMINAL NOUCTRAN
mdlipay
Beginner

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, yes, I posted on two forums, shame on me.

Second, the posts were 5 hours apart, not within minutes.

Third, the thread on the first forum ran it's course, I tried all of the suggestions, none worked.

Fourth, there are different forums for a reason, not everyone belongs to the same forums, so you get different people with different experiences. Yes, some are on multiples. This is why we have IE, Firefox, Safari, Opal, people have different preferences. Otherwise we'd all be on Mac's and Windows would be relegated to the trash heap after 3.0.

Fifth, case-in-point: I did not get the link that kolusu posted on the other forum. This answered the question. Perhaps she does not post on the other forum, did not see the question, or thought it was being handled and didn't jump in. Perhaps no one there knew of this link.

Again, sorry if I broke some internationally known standard about only being allowed to be a member of one forum. When you have a problem, and you are pushing a deadline, sometimes you have to break a few omlets.
Terry_Heinze
Supermod

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps she does not post on the other forum,...

Did someone get a gender reassignment operation? Smile
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdlipay wrote:

Second, the posts were 5 hours apart, not within minutes.

Third, the thread on the first forum ran it's course, I tried all of the suggestions, none worked.

And it took 2 weeks to check back on the solution posted here?

mdlipay wrote:

Again, sorry if I broke some internationally known standard about only being allowed to be a member of one forum. When you have a problem, and you are pushing a deadline, sometimes you have to break a few omlets.

Actually I think it works against you as most of the solution providers tend to ignore questions posted as urgent requirements.

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: