MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Query on DB2 Tables with old data

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy_Lu
Beginner

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Query on DB2 Tables with old data Reply with quote

Hi All

We have some DB2 tables in our application which are not updated with new data and have only old data.
These tables have data till 2010 and after that no new data is populated in these tables.But they are used in some .Net application (for select) application .

But mainframe jobs are performing activities like image copy,Reorg,Runstat,QUISEC on the tablespace where these tables are present.

Just wanted to check is there any significance of performing these activities on the tablespace as not new data is populated in these tables.

If there is no significance of performing these activities i can go for sunset of these jobs.

Please share your thoughts.
William Collins
Supermod

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are 100% sure nothing affects the tables, there is no point in the usual "maintenance".

Talk to your DBAs. They will be able to confirm, and decide exactly what it is they don't want to do any more. Remember to make it clear the data is accessed from off the Mainframe, but I suspect they'll be aware.

This should have been done as soon as there were no longer updates to the tables,
Jimmy_Lu
Beginner

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks William for reply !!!

I have checked the Timestamp and unloads of the table to check if new data is coming to the tables.So i am sure that there is no new data in these tables after 2010.

I believe that we can go for sunset of these jobs (image Copy,Runstat,QUISEC)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: