MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

c++ compiler problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Other Technical Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patnaik
Beginner

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: c++ compiler problem Reply with quote

Hi,
When i compile my c++ progrmme in omvs i am getting this error.
can any one tell me what is the solution to this problem.

# pwd
/bin

# c++ pat.c
FSUM3070 The data definition name SYSPRINT cannot be resolved. Information for character special file /dev/fd1, needed to allocate file /dev/fd1, cannot be obtained: EDC5129I No such file or directory. Follow local procedures for reporting problems.
#
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patnaik,

The following is the detailed explanation of FSUM3070 & EDC5129I

FSUM3070 The data definition name string cannot be resolved. Information for character special file string, needed to allocate file string, cannot be obtained: string Follow local procedures for reporting problems.

Explanation: The c89 command uses the /dev/fdN character special files for all pathname allocations. c89 tried to validate the indicated character special file by using the stat function, but that function failed. c89 cannot use the indicated file without the indicated character special file.

User Response: Reenter the c89 command. If the problem persists, contact the IBM service representative responsible for your installation.

System Programmer Response: Ensure that the /dev/fdN character special files were correctly created with the mknod command, and that there are enough of them. For more information about creating the /dev/fdN character special files required for c89, refer to z/OS UNIX System Services Planning.

EDC5129I No such file or directory.

Explanation: A name in the pathname does not exist, or the pathname is an empty string. This message is equivalent to the POSIX.1 ENOENT errno.

Programmer Response: Ensure the pathname for the object being accessed is correct. Refer to z/OS C/C++ Run-Time Library Reference for the function being attempted, for the specific reason for failure.

System Action: The request fails. The application continues to run.
Symbolic Feedback Code: EDC509

Check this link for z/OS V1R2.0 C/C++ User's Guide which discusses the compiling,binding and running of c++ programs with examples.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/CBCUG110/CCONTENTS?DT=20010627134415&=

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Kolusu

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Other Technical Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: