MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BLDL error

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Data Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meghana
Beginner

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: BLDL error Reply with quote

Hi,

when iam trying to edit my dataset(PDS) , iam getting BLDL error. how can i recover my dataset back. Can any one resolve my problem.
slade
Intermediate

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Meg,

You mention "my Dataset(PDS)" so I assume you created it. BLDL is usually a feature managed by sysprogs. Can you give us some detail about how the ds was created and you are trying to update it. What the error msg is, etc.

If the PDS was created by the sysprogs at your shop contact the and explain the problem.

Regards, Jack.
kumarsivarajan
Beginner

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megi,

The principal MVS service which detects the presence or absence of a member in a partitioned dataset is the BLDL service which is implemented in SVC 18 (module IGC018).
BLDL can either be run against an individual dataset or a concatenation. However, there is one hitch: If a utility runs BLDL against a dataset concatenation, only the first occurrence of the member is reported. Other occurrences afterward can only be shown if the utility opens the datasets following as individual datasets.
In these case can you give your error code; i can able to give the correct direction to solve the problem.

kumar
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meghana,

I am just guessing here as to what have caused the BLDL error. You might have overlayed the PDS with a sequential file and the directory has been damaged. In that case you are at a loss. If your shop is sms managed then they might have backup of the dataset. Try
Code:

HRECOVER your pds name

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Kolusu

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Data Management All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: