MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easytrieve Table Handling Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raju
Beginner

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Easytrieve Table Handling Problem Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have got a Problem in Easytrieve.I got a requirement to craete a table having some 59 Bytes of data and search the Table and to do some operation.But the maximum number of table entries it is allowing is 150000 Entries.That means 150000*59 bytes only it is allowing and i am getting Error A003 INSUFFICIENT CORE STORAGE AVAILABLE.So i tried by increasing REGION TO 0M and also tried by increasing the EZTVFM file manager space .But still it is giving the same problem.So is there any way to use two EZTVFM or is there anyother way to solve this problem.

Thanks in Advance.
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raju,

The no: of table entries is usually dependent on the options table which has a default value of 256.

Code:

FILE MYFILE TABLE 2000000

In the above case the pgm will use 2M. When EZTP sees that you are actually using the table, it will use core memory,NOT VFM from the region to build space for the table. In your case the size is 59, you would be asking for 8850000 bytes of core.

So change your region to 9M and see if it works.

Hope this helps...

cheers

kolusu
raju
Beginner

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolusu,

I Specified the same in the Program like below

FILE RAJU TABLE (200000) and tried by increasing REGION=0M as well as by specifying REGION=9M.But still i am getting the same error as before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: