Send message to a speicific terminal
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> CICS and Middleware

#1: Send message to a speicific terminal Author: lal PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:29 pm
    —
Hi Friends,
I have a program PROGRAMA which starts a new transaction by issuing 'EXEC CICS START ('NEWT)' command and the program (NEWPROG) associated with the transaction 'NEWT' has to issue a messsage to the screen in case of error.

In NEWPROG I am using 'EXEC CICS SEND TEXT' command but I am getting abend "ABM3 - A BMS input or output request has been issued from a task that is not terminal-oriented."

So can someone please guide me to route this message to the oringinal terminal which initiated the NEWT transaction.

Appreciate your help

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:51 pm
    —
lal,

Is ProgramA also another CICS program or MQ ? Alternatively try LINK instead of start new transaction.

Kolusu

#3:  Author: lal PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:03 pm
    —
Hi Kolusu,
Thanks for the reply, No I don't want to use LINK since I need to start a new transaction (NEWT) from the CICS program(PROGRAMA). The new transaction/program (CICS tran & program) (NEWT/NEWPROG) looks for output generated from the PROGRAMA.

Basically I need to send the message to the original terminal from the new transaction in case of any issues.

MVSFORUMS.com -> CICS and Middleware

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1