Query on DB2 Tables with old data
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Database

#1: Query on DB2 Tables with old data Author: Jimmy_Lu PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:51 am
    —
Hi All

We have some DB2 tables in our application which are not updated with new data and have only old data.
These tables have data till 2010 and after that no new data is populated in these tables.But they are used in some .Net application (for select) application .

But mainframe jobs are performing activities like image copy,Reorg,Runstat,QUISEC on the tablespace where these tables are present.

Just wanted to check is there any significance of performing these activities on the tablespace as not new data is populated in these tables.

If there is no significance of performing these activities i can go for sunset of these jobs.

Please share your thoughts.

#2:  Author: William Collins PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:07 am
    —
If you are 100% sure nothing affects the tables, there is no point in the usual "maintenance".

Talk to your DBAs. They will be able to confirm, and decide exactly what it is they don't want to do any more. Remember to make it clear the data is accessed from off the Mainframe, but I suspect they'll be aware.

This should have been done as soon as there were no longer updates to the tables,

#3:  Author: Jimmy_Lu PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:59 am
    —
Thanks William for reply !!!

I have checked the Timestamp and unloads of the table to check if new data is coming to the tables.So i am sure that there is no new data in these tables after 2010.

I believe that we can go for sunset of these jobs (image Copy,Runstat,QUISEC)

MVSFORUMS.com -> Database

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1