U4083 abend in cics
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Problem Determination

#1: U4083 abend in cics Author: sharss PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:03 pm
    —
Hi Team,

I have modified a COBOL program which is being called from pro4 function... It comes out of the screen itself.Strange thing is it works OK most of the times and it fails when more users use the same.Also log off and login the session helps in resolving the issue.Anyone please help?

Regards
Sharan

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 pm
    —
sharss,

what is the accompanying reason code for U4083 abend? Without the reason code it would just be pure guess work

Also I would check what the AMODE and RMODE values are before you made the changes and compare that against your new load module.

#3:  Author: sharss PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:45 pm
    —
Hi kolusu,

I will check that and let you know.As per abendaid abend happens at a paragraph which updates db2 table.this program uses ims db ,ims db workfiles,db2 .Is there any way where I can see the exact line in the program which creates the issue.

Regards,
Sharan

#4:  Author: sharss PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:27 am
    —
Hi kolusu,

I couldn't find the reason code with that abend.Today we have noticed that the paragraph where it shows failure is updating/inserting a table is in deadlock..SQL error -911..not sure whether it is related...other tables are OK.
A bending instruction is R2,X'E04'

#5:  Author: sharss PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:15 am
    —
Hi All,
Details of my analysis. PRO4 screen functions saves the data into IMS work files using userid and then the calling COBOL program reads this work file using userid as key.As per abendaid,reading of this work file happened but control has not gone beyond this..and it failed with u4083..

Any advise how to resolve this

#6:  Author: William Collins PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:19 am
    —
Quote:
U4083 (X'FF3')

Explanation

The back chain was found in error. The reason code describes the most likely cause of the abend.

What that means essentially is that something inside LE has been trashed.

The most likely culprit is something within your system.

To assist you in determining what has happened, there are 17 distinct, numbered, reason codes.

You were asked for the specific reason code two days ago, and have not provided it.

Also note that even then the reason code only "describes the most likely". It may well be that the answer is not "simple".
Quote:

A bending instruction is R2,X'E04'

You are going to have to expand on what you mean by that.

Remember, in all likelihood, PRO4 is a screen/transaction/somename unique to your site (unique in what it does) so just naming it does nothing.

#7:  Author: sharss PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:15 am
    —
Hi William,

Thanks...I will figure out the reason code.

Regarding PRO4,they are functions to generate screens.I think it is build on top of CICS..I think it is obsolete and very few clients use this.

Regards,
Sharan

#8:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 am
    —
sharss,

You still haven't answered my initial question about AMODE and RMODE being the same for before and after change load module.

Also was a NEWCOPY made for the cics ?

MVSFORUMS.com -> Problem Determination

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1