Rexx scripts for highlighting SDSF panels
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> TSO and ISPF

#1: Rexx scripts for highlighting SDSF panels Author: Vivek8086Location: Noida PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:17 am
    —
Hi,

I got this REXX written by Doug Nadel but since I am a beginner in REXX, not sure about the steps to execute this.

Can someone help with this.

This is the link from where I came to know about the REXX.

http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?p=61171

#2:  Author: Nic CloustonLocation: At Home PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:43 am
    —
Have you actually read the link and what Kolusu posted?

#3:  Author: Vivek8086Location: Noida PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 am
    —
Yeah I did and I did not understand. That's why I posted it, so that someone can lay the steps out in layman terms.

Thanks for your help.

#4:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 pm
    —
Vivek8086,

You should have asked someone in your shop as every shop has its own setup. You can try this method and see if it works for you

1. Create a PDS for your rexx exec named

Code:
userid.rexx.exec

2. create a member named FIRSTPGM with the following content

Code:

/* REXX */               
SAY 'MY FIRST REXX EXEC'
EXIT                     

Save

3. Create a PDS for your rexx panels named

Code:
userid.rexx.panels

4. Type TSO ISRDDN at the command prompt. This will bring up your current dataset allocation list

4. Type SAVE at the command prompt and hit enter and this will bring up your CLIST in edit mode.

5. Scroll down to ALLOC F(SYSPROC) and add your 'userid.rexx.exec' to the concatenation list following the existing datasets example

6. Scroll down to ALLOC F(ISPPLIB) and add your 'userid.rexx.panels' to the concatenation list following the existing datasets example

issue SAVE

The dataset would be saved as 'userid.ISRDDN.clist'

7. Now get to READY prompt and issue the command

EX ISRDDN.CLIST and press enter

It will execute your CLIST and your rexx exec pds is a part of sysproc concatenation and your panels are concatenated to panels dd

You may have to logoff and log back depending on how your environment is set up.

8. Once you are back in ISPF, issue the command TSO ISRDDN once again and check the datasets SYSPROC and ISPPLIB to make sure your userid datasets are part of concatenation list.

9. Now you can execute your REXX exec by typing the following command
TSO FIRSTPGM and press enter. You should be see my MY FIRST REXX EXEC on your screen.

MVSFORUMS.com -> TSO and ISPF

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1