Dummy character set
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Application Programming

#1: Dummy character set Author: misi01Location: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:48 am
    —
I appreciate that this is a bit of a "non" problem, but I thought I'd put it out there.
We need to do a WEB SEND and include the parameters
Code:

CLICONVERT                           
CHARACTERSET ( W-CHARSET             )

At the same time, we need to use the same sort of call (in the same section/program) without these parameters (for example, to send a PDF that shouldn't be converted at all)
We tried with a blank value in W-CHARSET, but that wasn't popular (return codes 16/45 if I remember).

Is there any form of characterset value that performs no conversion but is a valid value?

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:54 pm
    —
misi01,

Two options.

1. For the case of No conversion pass the same charset value that it was created. For example if you created the PDF with codeset 278 (FIN/SWEDEN EBCDIC) then pass the same as W-CHARSET. So even if it converts then it would use the same conversion table.

2. Code 2 different paragraphs one with CLICONVERT and other with NOCLICONVERT and invoke the paragraph depending on the requirement.

#3:  Author: misi01Location: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:57 am
    —
Thanks.

We'll almost certainly go down the second road.

Just thought it would be worth asking.

MVSFORUMS.com -> Application Programming

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1