Editing Posts By Registered Users
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements

#1: Editing Posts By Registered Users Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:34 am
    —
Fyi..

As of today none of the users cannot edit their own posts. The Site Admin, Site Director & the moderators are only people who can edit posts.

Check this link for the reasons.

http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?p=10107

Thanks

Kolusu

#2:  Author: DibakarLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:17 am
    —
Kolusu,

I understand the need for preventing edit. But probably it won't be a bad idea, if possible, to allow to edit a post within an of hours fo posting it, as this is the time when you genuinely need to edit and probaly people won't be able to take any advantage either.

Thanks,
Diba.

#3:  Author: DibakarLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:20 am
    —
Coming back to say I mean 'probably' doesn't look very cool. I know, there is a preview, but since there was no special formating involved in the post I didn't do it. And came the requirement to edit ... genuine, beleive me.

#4: Both Funny and Ridiculous Author: MikeBaker PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:18 am
    —
Kolusu,

I just read this post for the first time today, and was amazed at how you answered like 1001 questions for that guy. I had a good laugh.

And then later as I was poking around on the net, I typed "Macmillan, Mainframe, India" into Google, and found that fellows website.

http://www.Mcmillan_The_Moron.com/

Sadly, he has basically cloned your website.

The guy appears to essentially be a vampire. Extracting cash from the wallets of the ignorant, whilst not having a clue himself. Hence on his website, he says that you are not allowed to enrol in his college if you also already received training elsewhere. You know why don't you? Basically because such a student would be real real bad for student moral, because he would know how absolute crap their training is.

Keep up the good work. At least you can sleep soundly at night.

#5: Whoa!!!!!! Author: MikeBaker PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:22 am
    —
I see that you don't allow his real website name to appear.

Like, I type one thing, and next thing I know, "www.macmillan the moron" is appearing, and *I* certainly didn't type that!!

Just adds to the humour I guess.

MVSFORUMS.com -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1