Uncatalog Dataset
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Job Control Language(JCL)

#1: Uncatalog Dataset Author: jamesLocation: charleston PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:31 am
    —
Hai All,

Can someone give any cntl or any utility to list Un-catalog dataset or any guidance to do the same. We have lot of data sets lying in different volumes. How do I get the list of the datasets which is not cataloged in the Master catalog through a single utility? How do I customize the jcl to accomodate few volumes?. Then delete the same

James

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:09 am
    —
James,

You can use the DFDSS ADRDSSU utility to get the desired results.

Code:

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=ADRDSSU
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//LIST     DD DUMMY
//SYSIN DD *
  DUMP DATASET(INCLUDE(**)  -
  BY((CATLG,EQ,NO)))        -
  SHARE OUTDD(LIST)         -
  LOGINDYNAM((VOLSER))      -
/*

Check this link for documentation of ADRDSSU

http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?t=2161&highlight=adrdssu

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Kolusu

#3:  Author: taltymanLocation: Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:23 am
    —
May want to skip the actual dump and still get the list by using the type norun option.

EXEC PGM=ADRDSSU,PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN'

#4: Uncatalog Author: jamesLocation: charleston PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:54 am
    —
Hai kolusu,talyman

Thanks a lot it does work with very small minor adjustment. Now it is for me to delete the same. It would be of great help if you guide me for deleting the uncatalog dataset. As of now we are making a packtopack job moving the uncatalog dataset from one volume to other ,so it gets cataloged and then we delete them.

James

#5:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:37 am
    —
James,

If the output file for a DUMp is specified as DUMMY in the JCL, DFDSS can be used to scratch and uncatalog data sets by specifying the DELETE parameter.

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Kolusu

#6: Uncataloged Dataset Author: jamesLocation: charleston PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:08 am
    —
Kolusu,

I have generated the list of uncataloged datasets, When tried to do a pak to pak, I don't see any member in any of the PDS (empty PDS). How to delete / catalog the uncataloged datasets. If you can give me some JCL / REXX, it would be greatful.

Thanks,
James.

#7:  Author: taltymanLocation: Texas PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:47 pm
    —
What utility or method is your pak to pak copy using? Sounds like it doesn't want to copy a pds that has no members in it (if I understand what you are saying). I'm believe that if you use ADRDSSU and dump the datasets to a backup dataset that you could use ADRDSSU it to restore them from the backup dataset to your chosen volume and catalog them. If that works then you can go back and run the dump again with the delete option as proviously pointed out. Did you check the link Kolusu provided?

#8:  Author: ashwinkasi PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 am
    —
Hi Kolusu,

I tried the below snipped but its not working. Im getting a error as "Input stream End-of-file found before end of command".

Snippet:
Code:

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=ADRDSSU,PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN'
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//LIST     DD DSN=XXX.YYY.ZZZ,Disp=(,catlg,),space=(cyl,(10,10),rlse),unit=robot
//SYSIN DD *
  DUMP DATASET(INCLUDE(xxx.**)  -
  BY((CATLG,EQ,NO)))        -
  SHARE OUTDD(LIST)         -
  LOGINDYNAM((VOLSER))      -
/*

My requirement is to list all the uncatalogued files present under one LPAR and then need to be deleted automatically.

Can you please advise and correct me

#9:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 am
    —
ashwinkasi,

Since you are a new member you need to follow rules.

1. Use code tags to have your data retain spacing and readable. Check this link which explains in detail about code tags

http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?p=19031#19031

2. Post detailed error messages including the message ID instead of just posting the text.

Now coming to your problem, it is quite obvious that you had an extra continuation character hypen "-" on the last control card parm which is LOGINDYNAM((VOLSER)). Following that you simply have a termination character /* , so remove the extra "-" on the last line

#10:  Author: sunitapr PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:24 am
    —
It is helpful post.

MVSFORUMS.com -> Job Control Language(JCL)

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1