Main Page Hacked !!
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements

#1: Main Page Hacked !! Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:46 am
    —
Fyi...

Our Main page www.mvsforums.com got hacked this morning between 1:41 AM and 2:05 AM CDT. Fortunately the help boards are not hacked. We are investigating and we have the IP address of the offender from the server log.

I guess someone really did not want this site to grow!! I have uploaded the main page from the backup. Please let me know if you have any problem accessing any of the WebPages. For the time being we are disabling our Guestbook

Sorry for inconvenience

Kolusu

#2:  Author: NutCrackerLocation: 3rd Block from the SUN PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:05 pm
    —
Quote:

guess someone really did not want this site to grow

What a nerd would he be ! Evil or Very Mad

#3: Great forum FOR MAINFRAME Professionals Author: vjkumk PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:12 am
    —
i think this is the number one forum for mainframes, i have came across
many forums,but this is the best of all.Really your site will be very great in future for mainframe professional.Keep the work going on.

your friend,
vjkumk

#4:  Author: Manas BiswalLocation: Chennai, India PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:59 am
    —
Kolusu - What actually did happen when you say that the main page was hacked?

Thanks,
Manas

#5: main page hacked Author: shekar123Location: Bangalore India PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:01 am
    —
Kolusu,

Please take precaution for our website against any hacking activities in the near future.No one can demolarize the strength of our website and this is the TOP 1 website present today for Mainframes community. The home page takes a lot of time to download ,moreover recently i observed some kind of error in which helpboards page link was not accessible due to Session error saying session table full.I really cannot exactly remember the error but i senses something unusual.

#6:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:31 am
    —
Quote:

Kolusu - What actually did happen when you say that the main page was hacked?

Thanks,
Manas

Some one replaced the home page with their gory image website. You can check out the details here

http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/a/jpgflaw.htm

Quote:

Please take precaution for our website against any hacking activities in the near future. The home page takes a lot of time to download ,moreover recently i observed some kind of error in which helpboards page link was not accessible due to Session error saying session table full.I really cannot exactly remember the error but i senses something unusual.

Well I am taking all the precautions I can. The Session Error is due to the sessions tables being full. This is also caused by too many users trying to access the board at the same time. However there are some psuedo users who try to access it for the sole purpose of hacking. I keep updating my ban list and still they try to sneak in.

Please let me know everytime you get the message, so that I can look at the log files and see who is the culprit.

Thanks

Kolusu

#7:  Author: vkphani PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:41 am
    —
No doubt. This is the best site for Mainframes professionals.

Kolusu, Would the problem be solved if you disable the guest book?

#8:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:31 am
    —
Quote:

Kolusu, Would the problem be solved if you disable the guest book?

The guest book is indeed disabled now. There are specific reasons for it , but I don't wanna go over it now. Sorry

Kolusu

#9:  Author: vkphani PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:53 am
    —
Kolusu,

I am able to access the guest book page.
How come?

#10:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:58 am
    —
Quote:

I am able to access the guest book page.
How come?

Vkphani,

Try submitting an entry or click on the view guestbook

Kolusu

#11:  Author: vkphani PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:01 am
    —
Kolusu,

Both the links(Viewing the Guestbook and Submitting the message) are not working.

#12:  Author: vkphani PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:44 am
    —
Quote:

moreover recently i observed some kind of error in which helpboards page link was not accessible due to Session error saying session table full

I too got the same error some time in the past.

MVSFORUMS.com -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1