Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
MVSFORUMS.com -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements

#1: Avatars are now available. Author: dalaly PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:03 pm
    —
We have implemented the Avatar option which will allow all registered users to add an image of their choice to their profile. We have put together a gallery of over 200 different images you can choose from i.e Star Wars, Star Trek, Simpsons and much more. If you have your own image and would like to have it added please send it via an email to support@mvsforums.com and we will consider it to be added to the gallery.

GUIDELINES FOR CUSTOM IMAGES

1) No Animation in the image (Only .GIF images).
2) Size of image 81 X 100 Pixels not exceeding 9KB
3) No obscene images

HOW TO SELECT AN AVATAR

1) login
2) Select your profile option
3) Once in your profile scroll down to the bottom and you will see the "Avatar control panel".
4) Click on the Show gallery button and select the folder of the type of Avatar you want
5) Check the radio button below the image of your choice and click on "Select Avatar" button, this will redirect you back to your profile.
6) Click the "Submit" in your profile and you are all set.

That's all.

Enjoy....

-dalaly

Last edited by dalaly on Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2:  Author: CaptBillLocation: Pasadena, California, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:58 pm
    —
The idea of avitars is a good one and I will submit one for myself later.

Having said that, do you have permission from the owners of the images to use them? Disney just won a large settlement on copyright violations. Others are also being sued for it. Arnold Schwartsneggar is suing an Ohio Auto dealer for $20,000,000US because it used his image without permission.

#3:  Author: MervynLocation: Hove, England PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:36 pm
    —
I hope you're wrong, Bill, because this one's a pretty good likeness (if I take my glasses off!).

Cheers,
Merv

That used to be true, before I got Kolusu to upload a real picture. Now, I don't need to take the glasses off!

Last edited by Mervyn on Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4:  Author: CaptBillLocation: Pasadena, California, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:43 pm
    —
See:
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/ae/jump/1747703

and

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2002/12/31/state1503EST0080.DTL

for more on this.

Bottom line is unless you have lots of money, don't even think about it.

Sad

#5:  Author: dalaly PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:56 pm
    —
CaptBill,

Thank you for care and concern but I have looked into this and since this is a free site and we are making no money from the use of these images to benefit MVSFORUMS it is OK to use them. Also in no way are we trying to claim ownership of these images or pass them off as our own.

Best reagrds,

-dalaly

#6:  Author: HimeshLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:43 pm
    —
Way to go Dalaly.

You sure do have a good collection...

regards,
Himesh

#7:  Author: Frank YaegerLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:46 am
    —
I'd like to personally thank Kolusu for helping me get my avatar in a form that mvsforums would accept. I really love my "pet rat professor" image.

#8:  Author: MervynLocation: Hove, England PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:11 pm
    —
Bill, I can see you really wouldn't want to cross a future Governor of California! I suppose he's on a "Nuke Saddam" ticket?

Cheers,
Merv

#9:  Author: Venkata Ramana ReddyLocation: California PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:59 pm
    —
Hello All,
I am would appreciate everyone on this board can upload their photoes to their profile.
I know this is going to be extra workload for Dalaly/Kolusu.

We have been interacting/helping each other,I am interested to see how they look like.I mean I would like to see their real Avatar Mr. Green .

#10:  Author: Frank YaegerLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:42 pm
    —
What makes you think these aren't our real avatars? Very Happy

Frank

#11:  Author: Venkata Ramana ReddyLocation: California PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:42 pm
    —
The existing images attached to your profile makes me think that these are not real avatars.I just wanted to see real photoes of Founders of this Forum(Dalaly & Kolusu),all Moderators,and all active members.

#12:  Author: Frank YaegerLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:03 pm
    —
I knew what you meant ... I was just making a joke. Personally, I prefer my current avatar. It's fun and representative of my pet rats as well as my alter ego of Professor Sort (see the DFSORT website), whereas my real picture would be dull. But that's just my take on it.

Perhaps we could have a separate photo gallery for those who want to submit their real photos.

Frank

#13:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:39 pm
    —
Venkata Ramana Reddy,

I am not a big fan of pictures. I just added the avatar option so that the members can have fun with them.So bear with me. All other members who are interested to have their own image can send their custom images to support@mvsforums.com and I will upload them to the gallery folder "MEMBERS".

In future the senior members will be getting authority to directly upload an image to that folder.

Thanks

Kolusu

#14:  Author: Venkata Ramana ReddyLocation: California PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:10 pm
    —
Quote:

I am not a big fan of pictures

But I am fan all of you guys(Frank,Kolusu etc..).I am not joking.I mean it.I am sure there might be lots of people who might want to see your photoes.

#15:  Author: [bond] PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:06 am
    —
if anybody is interested in seeing my photo, do look at my avatar ... it's a 2-D image of me but please bear with it ! Twisted Evil

MVSFORUMS.com -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3