IMS Batch Region Abend
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> IMS

#1: IMS Batch Region Abend Author: manojagrawal PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:53 am
    —
Hi,

I am getting the following error when submitting my JCL.

Quote:
CEE3191E An attempt was made to initialize an AMODE24 application without using the ALL31(OFF) and STACK(,,BELOW) run-time options.
The traceback information could not be determined.

When using load module compiled previously, i do not get this error. However, when using load modules re-compiled, i get this error. Can any one help me with this.

Regards,
Manoj.

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:55 am
    —
Manoj,

Code this as the first line (before identification division) in your program and recompile the program.
Code:

CBL DATA(31)

let us know if it works.

Kolusu

#3:  Author: manojagrawal PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:59 am
    —
Hi Kolusu,

I am using PL/I. Any difference in what I code?

Regards,
Manoj.

#4:  Author: manojagrawal PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:44 am
    —
Hi,

I got the solution to this. There was a recent conversion to the LE environment (of which i was not aware). Thus, using a addressing mode of 24 was causing this problem.

Leaving it to the system defaults during the compile (which picked up Amode=31 and rmode=any) got this running fine.

I also looked up some LE documentation, where this was listed. However, the solution there was to include ALL31(OFF) and STACK(,,BELOW) in the runtime options. Now, How do I do this??? (Another solution to the problem by keeping amode=24). Any ideas.

Regards
Manoj.

#5:  Author: MervynLocation: Hove, England PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:45 pm
    —
Not sure whether this is relevant to your case, but we recently went through a conversion to z/os and got similar error messages. Our systems programmers admitted to using the wrong installation parameters, and were able to solve the problem very quickly. I suggest you talk to your systems programmers (but very diplomatically!).

MVSFORUMS.com -> IMS

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1