MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobtrac release 11 warning!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Job Control Language(JCL)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warp5
Intermediate

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Jobtrac release 11 warning! Reply with quote

I want to warn you about Jobtrac Rel. 11. This product has been rewritten and is filled with bugs. We have been reporting bugs for over 6 months now and we are still discovering new bugs in the product. Many of the bugs we have reported have not been solved even though they were reported months ago. I can not recommend this version of the product to any one.
warp5
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been working with Jobtrac Release 11 10 months now and we just had another major error in the system, lost 15 hours of our production. Maybe this product will mature next year, until then it still can not be recommended.
warp5
Intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment Jobtrac Release 11 is running stable, I have not had any new errors for 2 months now. I still would recommend to thoroughly test this release before putting it into production.
warp5
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment it looks like the EXCLPARM function of this release does not work properly. There seem to be timing problems in the product.
warp5
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Jobtrac R11 finally stable Reply with quote

It took almost a year and a half, after being GA for over a year, to finally get Jobtrac R11 in a stable state. If you want to install Jobtrac R11 you need the following:
Jobtrac R11 SP04 (or at least SP03, I have not applied SP04 yet)
TB91767 if you use the Exclusive function.
Take note that you will need to create new jobs (for example GJTRJPRG) to do your previous house keeping for Jobtrac, the jobs and documentation for them are not as clear and easy to use as in the previous release.
Feel free to ask questions.
Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Job Control Language(JCL) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: