MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CICS DB2 MQ Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edkir98
Beginner

Topics: 42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: CICS DB2 MQ Question Reply with quote

We are using a online MQ DB2 program. There is a DB2 select before all MQ operations in the cobol program. i started the transaction by putting a message in the MQ. Program started.

i am forcing the DB2 select to fail and the logic is that the program would do syncpoint rollback and then restart after 10 mins (Remember no MQ operation was performed).

I'm tracking this abend in Omegamon and i see that the program has restarted itself after 10 mins. Again it had the same DB2 issue and again it was set to rollback and restart after 10 mins. The same thing repeats for 7 times. Remember no MQ operation was performed.

But after the 7th time i see 2 occurences of the program set to restart. After some time there are 3 occurences of the program set to restart. i really dont understand.

Can someone explain this?

P.S
We added EXEC CICS ASSIGN STARTCODE command to understand how the program was triggered. For the first time it logged "triggered by Data". After that for every restart it logged "triggered by terminal". But after the 7th time, in the duplicate start it again logged "triggered by data". How could this be? i dint do anything to the message in the MQ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: