MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mainframe and Java

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badri2016
Beginner

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Mainframe and Java Reply with quote

Hi Team, Request your help. I have Mainframe dataset. I have to send this dataset to Unix directory and then a Java program will process that dataset (or a file as called in Unix) and send backt the processed file from Unix back to Mainframe as dataset. NDM would be a easy way but we wanted to avoid NDM. I tried to do OCOPY(OMVS) to copy the file to Z/os Unix (still not succesfful with JCL) but then the Java program is outside Mainframe. Could you help me how to achive this. Thank you Badri.
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badri2016,

There are couple of ways you can send the file to unix server and receive it back

1. Use SMTP
2. Use FTP to send the file to unix and receive it back

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Badri2016
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kolusu, Thank you, yes we can use SMTP or FTP. But it we use it in our case then we have to make changes to our proc create job dependencies and i have move lot of steps to another proc. Hence wanted to check with your group to see if there is anyother method to call or connnect to Java program in Unix outside Mainframe. Kindly request you to let me know if any such method. Thank you.
Nic Clouston
Advanced

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the process of implementing new stuff is to adapt old stuff to match the requirement. So what is the problem? If this moving of steps was not in the plan simply add a task to cater for it and then do the necessary.
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badri2016 wrote:
Hi Kolusu, Thank you, yes we can use SMTP or FTP. But it we use it in our case then we have to make changes to our proc create job dependencies and i have move lot of steps to another proc. Hence wanted to check with your group to see if there is anyother method to call or connnect to Java program in Unix outside Mainframe. Kindly request you to let me know if any such method. Thank you.

Badri2016,

huh? You don't want to send the file to the PC side where the JAVA program resides but you want the java executed? If you cannot send the file, then how about bringing in the JAVA class file to mainframe? You do realize that COBOL can now invoke JAVA directly on the mainframe?

Here is an example

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27020750

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Badri2016
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kolusu, I want to send the file to Java and get it processed. We are trying out initial method NDM. Thank you a lot !
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: