MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DFH$MOLS AND DFHMNDUP

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raj051076
Beginner

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: DFH$MOLS AND DFHMNDUP Reply with quote

I have unloaded the CMF records using DFH$MOLS utility. But in some of the articles on internet says that I also need to create the dictionary using DFHMNDUP and DFH$MOLS will refer the dictionary to unload the CMF records. I am wondering how I was able to unload the CMF records without creating the dictionary. I request if anyone can explain this.

Thanks
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: DFH$MOLS AND DFHMNDUP Reply with quote

raj051076 wrote:
I have unloaded the CMF records using DFH$MOLS utility. But in some of the articles on internet says that I also need to create the dictionary using DFHMNDUP and DFH$MOLS will refer the dictionary to unload the CMF records. I am wondering how I was able to unload the CMF records without creating the dictionary. I request if anyone can explain this.

Thanks

If you have read the documentation of the DFH$MOLS thoroughly, you would have answered your own question. Any here is the snippet that would answer your query

DFH$MOLS Documentation wrote:

The DFH$MOLS program requires a performance dictionary record to process monitoring performance data. When it locates a dictionary record, it builds an in store dictionary and processes the subsequent (if any) performance data using this dictionary. Whenever it reads a new dictionary record, the current dictionary is released and a new in store dictionary is built. The dictionary record must come before any related performance data; otherwise, the DFH$MOLS program abends. Monitoring exception records do not require a dictionary, so they can precede the first dictionary record and still be successfully processed. For more information about performance dictionary records, see Generating a performance dictionary record using DFHMNDUP.

The above information can be found here

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGMCP_5.3.0/com.ibm.cics.ts.doc/dfha6/topics/dfha61u.html

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> CICS and Middleware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: