MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Secure FTP setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Utilities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ag
Beginner

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Secure FTP setup Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm looking for some help on how to setup FTPS on my PC. I have Core FTP and FileZilla on my laptop. On the mainframe I'm running FTPS server and it's certificate is signed by VeriSign/Symantec. I believe all root and intermediate certificates are available on Windows via Control Panel/Internet Properties. Does any body know if I can use Core FTP or Filezilla to connect AUTH SSL/TLS to mainframe and how to configure certificates?
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ag,

Check this

FTPS using Explicit SSL

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
ag
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info but is not what I'm looking for. The link explains how to setup FileZilla server. I'm not running a server on my PC. FTPS server is on mainframe and I'm using Core FTP or FileZilla client on my PC to connect to mainframe.
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you the system administrator on the Mainframe? Are you setting up to FTP for the first time? If not your systems administrators might have already set it up. Try issuing the commands from CMD.EXE and see if you can ping your mainframe IP address. If you can then there is nothing you need to do

ag
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Looks like you don't understand my question. I am not asking about regular FTP, that is working fine. I'm trying to connect using FTPS (SSL-FTP). That requires certificates exchange. The mainframe server certificate has to be validated on my PC and then my PC certificate has to be sent and validated on mainframe (if client authentication is on). The question is how can I import all required certificates into my PC client database.
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ag wrote:
Hi,
Looks like you don't understand my question. I am not asking about regular FTP, that is working fine. I'm trying to connect using FTPS (SSL-FTP). That requires certificates exchange. The mainframe server certificate has to be validated on my PC and then my PC certificate has to be sent and validated on mainframe (if client authentication is on). The question is how can I import all required certificates into my PC client database.

Right !

I did ask you a question earlier if you are the systems programmer. Since you chose to ignore to answer that question, you can try this detailed explanation in this link of setting RACF certificates without being a systems programmer. Good Luck

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/se-ftpzos/

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Utilities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: