MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to show panel ISPPMOD

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misi01
Advanced

Topics: 171

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: How to show panel ISPPMOD Reply with quote

A colleague is having the following problem. They edit a JCL member in a PDS and the contents are shown in hex. They enter hex off on the command line and no hex is shown (as expected).
They make a trivial change to the member and save it. They then reenter the member ..... and the contents are shown in hex again.

Googling elsewhere, I came across this site (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.f54pc00/isppcgeniset.htm).

Not sure whether this SHOULD solve the problem, but the trouble is, I can't figure out how to enter the ISPPMOD panel outlined in the URL. (This might be because our sys progs have tailored the ISPF main panel to not include it?).

Any suggestions gratefully received.
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: How to show panel ISPPMOD Reply with quote

misi01 wrote:
A colleague is having the following problem. They edit a JCL member in a PDS and the contents are shown in hex. They enter hex off on the command line and no hex is shown (as expected).
They make a trivial change to the member and save it. They then reenter the member ..... and the contents are shown in hex again.

I think the PROFILE is locked and hence his HEX off command is NOT saved. So try PROFILE UNLOCK and then issue the HEX OFF command and now it should have saved your command to your EDIT profile.

You can verify by issuing PROFILE command and see what options are saved.

misi01 wrote:

Googling elsewhere, I came across this site (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.f54pc00/isppcgeniset.htm).

Not sure whether this SHOULD solve the problem, but the trouble is, I can't figure out how to enter the ISPPMOD panel outlined in the URL. (This might be because our sys progs have tailored the ISPF main panel to not include it?).

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I don't think you want to mess up the ISPF configuration for this. However I will tell you how to get to your configuration file.

Enter the command
Code:

TSO ISPCCONF
Choose Option 1 (Create/Modify Settings and Regenerate Keyword File )
Choose Option 1 (Editor Settings)

You should read thomas conley's share presentation Configuring ISPF for Fun and Profit which will explain in detail what you need to do next.

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
misi01
Advanced

Topics: 171

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kolusu. It wasn't that (but at the same time, I learnt that you CAN lock the profile - had no idea you could).

What the problem was was that she had the following options set.

- under 3.4, select the action bar option Options
- select 1 (DSList settings)
- ensure the first option (Display Edit/View/Browse entry panel (*) is marked
- edit any non-PDS and you'll be shown the ISRUEDIT panel

This is where it went wrong for her. By mistake, she entered HEX in the initial edit macro field (thinking she was already editing the actual file).
After that, she was bu**ered.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: