MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Write out the results of a query against SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim haire
Beginner

Topics: 40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Write out the results of a query against SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1 Reply with quote

I am trying to write out a sequential file with one record which will contain a date. The sequential file would contain a 10 byte field in CCYY-MM-DD format.

The query would be something like this:

SELECT CURRENT DATE - DAY(CURRENT DATE) DAYS - 5 YEARS
FROM SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1

I was hoping to be able to then use the date in a sort where I would do a SORT INCLUDE using the value in the sequential dataset in the date comparison on my include statement.

I tried this using DSNTEP4, but was getting more information than what I needed. I thought about doing an unload, but it seemed kind of strange to use a utility on a one row table where you aren't really retrieving any value contained in the table.

Is there another way?
jim haire
Beginner

Topics: 40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were able to do this with an UNLOAD. Needed to use DIRECT NO as one of the parameters, otherwise we got an error because it is a catalog table and the unload didn't like that we were unloading it.
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Write out the results of a query against SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY Reply with quote

jim haire wrote:
I am trying to write out a sequential file with one record which will contain a date. The sequential file would contain a 10 byte field in CCYY-MM-DD format.

The query would be something like this:
Code:

SELECT CURRENT DATE - DAY(CURRENT DATE) DAYS - 5 YEARS
    FROM SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1

I was hoping to be able to then use the date in a sort where I would do a SORT INCLUDE using the value in the sequential dataset in the date comparison on my include statement.

Jim Haire,

You don't have to generate the Date using DB2. DFSORT has the ability of calculating date subtracting months/days/years from the current date. If you tell me your requirement of using this generated date as an INCLUDE condition then I can show you a DFSORT job that will do the same.

or a simple example like this. Your DB2 query is generating the last day of previous month 5 years ago(2015-09-30). DATE2 is of CCYYMM format and if you subtract 61 months ( 5 * 12 = 60 + 1 month ) will give you 2015-09 and we can select the records using that.

Code:

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=SORT                 
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*                   
//SORTIN   DD *                           
2015-10-01  - SHOULD BE DROPPED           
2015-09-30  - PICK                       
2016-09-30  - SHOULD BE DROPPED           
2020-10-13  - SHOULD BE DROPPED           
//SORTOUT  DD SYSOUT=*                   
//SYSIN    DD *                           
  OPTION COPY                             
  INCLUDE COND=(01,06,CH,EQ,DATE2(-)-61) 
/*                                       

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Database All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: