MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DFS3620 while restarting the region

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> IMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdenunzio
Beginner

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: DFS3620 while restarting the region Reply with quote

Hi! Some more questions...

At present I am starting subsystem DSN (DB2) when IMS is already up, with
/START SUBSYS SSM xdb2
I get no error message: everything goes fine.

If I close the MPR region:
/STOP REGION something
and then I restart it:
/START REGION IVP51M41
I get:

Code:
DFS058I 19:18:29 START COMMAND IN POGRESS                                   
 DFS3620I REQUIRED RESOURCE UNAVAILABLE - RC = 0028 - FC = 0504 - RESOURCE ID =
 IMOD-LD  - SUBSYS NAME= DSN      - JOBNAME = IVP51M41                         
 DFS551I MESSAGE REGION IVP51M41 STARTED ID=00002 TIME=1918 CLASS=001,000,000,000

Then a /DISPLAY SUBSYS ALL shows that DSN is connected, so it is not necessary to /START it again.

Why do I get DFS3620I ? It might be related to the abend I am getting when I try and use SQL (see my other posts...).

Here is the manual:

[code:1:222ea4b584]DFS3620I REQUIRED RESOURCE UNAVAILABLE - RC=uu - FC=vv RESOURCE
ID=xxxxxxxx - SUBSYS NAME = yyyy - JOBNAME = zzzzzzzz.
Explanation: The IMS system encountered a resource constraint while processing a request to connect to an external subsystem.
The following values for the return code (RC-uu), function code (FC-vv), resource ID-xxxxxxxx, subsys name-yyyy and jobname-zzzzzzzz are defined:
uu The return code is passed back to the caller. Refer to the table in Appendix B, "Return Codes and Function Codes" in topic B.0 of this manual.
vv The function code indicates the module name that encountered the problem. Refer to the function code table in Appendix B, "Return Codes and Function Codes" in topic B.0 to find the module name equated to the FC number given.
xx..xx The resource ID indicates that a resource was required but could not be obtained or was nonexistent. The possible values are:
*************** IMOD-LD
zzzzzzzz Indicates the region where the connection failed. The PROCLIB member specified via the SSM parm for this region contains a subsystem definition which is not contained in the control region member.
*************** IVP51M41

+------------+----------+--------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giorgio,

If you look closely at your DFS3620I error message it is showing as DSN as subsystem instead of XDB2 which is your DB2 Subsystem.

DFS3620I REQUIRED RESOURCE UNAVAILABLE - RC = 0028 - FC = 0504 - RESOURCE ID =
IMOD-LD - SUBSYS NAME= DSN - JOBNAME = IVP51M41
DFS551I MESSAGE REGION IVP51M41 STARTED ID=00002 TIME=1918 CLASS=001,000,000,000

Now check where this DSN name is being picked and correct that member to refer your DB2 subsystem.

Hope this helps...

cheers

kolusu
gdenunzio
Beginner

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kolusu, thanks for your reply!
No, my subsystem name is really DSN: XDB2 is part of the subsystem member (SSM) name IVP4XDB2 of PROCLIB, where DSN is well specified as the subsystem name.

Have you by chance taken a look at my other questions in the former posts? Only if you have two minutes, of course.

Thanks again!
Ciao
Giorgio
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> IMS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: