MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy 1st Anniversary and Thank You
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Happy 1st Anniversary and Thank You Reply with quote

Dear members,

On the eve of 1st mvsforums.com anniversary, we would like to take sometime to thank you all for the support and participation on mvsforums.The moderators do a wonderful job and we thank them sincerely for their efforts.

27th Novemember 2002, the day I still remember when I uploaded the 65-page tiny web site named mvsforums.com for the first time at around 2:30 am. At that time I had the passion for mainframe, optimism, and abundant energy to make it a big success in the coming years. The main reason for evolution of mvsforums, was due to other helpboard which at that time was all time high on Indian bashing.I was an active member on that site and has contributed a lot ( more than 1300 posts) and the funny thing that the admin of the other board claims that I copied his stuff , which is the link to various IBM manuals.The links to manuals are FREE and anyone can link them.I wonder what happened to my contibution of 1300+ posts.

After completing 1 year, we still embrace on the same qualities but with a biggest "gained asset" and that's YOU, our beloved members. We are proud of our loyal members who have been with us since the inception of "mvsforums.com" in 2002.with little over 1000 members we can make this a very good community of and for MVS Programmers.This is a place where Advanced, intermediate and beginning MVS programmers are all welcome here.

If you think mvsforums.com is good website that is only because of your visits and participation. Each and every mvsforums hit always give us more inspiration. Your constructive criticism always steer us thrive for perfection and more success. All the appreciation you give us makes more responsible for better quality in presentation, analysis and output. We cannot imagine our "mvsforums.com" in its current successful position without your overwhelming support.

This editorial is not intended to tell you anything about our achievements. This is just to sincerely thank you for your continued support. We do not want to promise you anything now. But, we assure you that we will give our level best within our own limitations.

On a personal note I would like to thank Frank Yaeger for his active moderation as well as for his advise and help.

Thank you

Kolusu & Dalaly

www.linkedin.com/in/kolusu
Mervyn

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to you both. It's been a good year.

Very Happy
vallishar
Beginner

Topics: 14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Heartiest Congratulations ! Very Happy
Himesh
CICS Forum Moderator
CICS Forum Moderator

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Kolusu, Dalaly and team.
Congratulations and all the best to mvsforums for the coming Years....

regards,
himesh
mayuresh.tendulkar
Beginner

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Heartiest Congratulations to Kolusu, Dalay and team and all the best to mvsforums for the coming Years....

regards,
Mayuresh Tendulkar
Vish
Beginner

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Congratulations to all. I am very confident that we all can make this best mainframe forum.
santi
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heartiest congratulations to all who have made this forum a hit. I am very confident that this is the best mainframe forum available.

Cheers,
Santi
santi
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just happened to visit a similar forum on mainframes. I could find out that most of the features over there are quite similar to the one in mvsforums. I wonder if they are just picking the stuff from here and posting it over there. MVSFORUMS is simply the best. I am a registered user in the other forum also. But the design, the content, the search options, the quality of the answers and the administration in MVS Forums makes it the best.
Kudos to Kolusu and Co for making this a wonderfull knowledge sharing forum.

Cheers,
Santi
Mike Chantrey
Intermediate

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santi, Just as a matter of fact, if the 'other forum' is what I assume it is, then it has been around in its current form for several years before this one. I don't believe it has copied anything from this help board. The main difference (beyond 'look and feel') is one of tone - this board is intended to be more forgiving to novices in particular.

kolusu:
I hope you don't mind me posting this. I'm not trying to promote or denigrate either board as I use both daily, but I thought I should set the facts straight (as I see them anyhow Mr. Green )
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I am not really sure as to which forum santi is refering. I for sure know that the forum you are talking has been there for years and I was an active member on that site for about 3 years. There are common users on both the boards and some users post on both the boards to get a faster response. May be santi is refering to such posts. Also there is yet another forum which is maintained by mcmillan. He was on this forum for a while asking basic mainframe 101 questions and later created a forum , which is quite identical even in terms of look and feel. If there is any ONE person who took advantage of my helping nature it is mcmillan.

[rant]

I don't mind you posting the facts. But can you also put the same thoughts on the other board also? The Admin of the other board went on record claiming that I copied his stuff, which is the link to various IBM manuals.The links to manuals are FREE and anyone can link them. I have more than 1300 posts on that board. What happened to my contribution? Did he delete all my posts when he deleted my ID? NO. If you have noticed the admin of the other board never posted a single solution for any of the questions. It just some of the experienced users like frank and many others which makes the other board valuable.

[end rant]

Ah I feel better now !!!

Kolusu

santi
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

The earlier message posted by me was purely a personal opinion. If I have hurt anybody unintentionally, I am really sorry for that. I didn't mean to hurt anybody. All I had to say was that I like this forum a lot and for me it is the best one I've been to.

So, my starting to this forum was a stormy one.. huh? Wink
Hope I will be more sensible when posting my next message Smile

Cheers,
Santi
Dibakar
Advanced

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Santi,

It's tough to start with a controversy, but don't get scared, it happens soemtimes.

Wish you a nice time on this forum,
Diba.
Mike Chantrey
Intermediate

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santi, It's alright, there were no hurt feelings involved - I'm not involved in running or moderating the other board in any way...

Kolusu, I'll try to think of a suitable way of introducing this topic on the other board (which when I refer to it always means the non-mcmillan one) without getting myself barred I hope.
In the mean time, keep up the good work... 8)

I didn't know the mcmillan one existed until today. But I won't be visiting it - two is quite enough for me! Very Happy
jayant_tibhe
Beginner

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kolusu and all,

I became member of Mcmillan's forum and then later come to know about MVSFORUMS.There are so many posts and the experty answers are stolen from MVSFORUMS.
After 3 + Yeays I want to start this discussion again.
Because every real Mainframe Passionate knows that only MVSFORUMS has that genunity and the backup of such a extraordinary people like KOLUSU.
We really have to fight against someone like McMillan.They are really chuckers!! Shocked
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayant_tibhe,

Not worth my time.

Kolusu

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: