MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

)MODEL section in PANELS

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantom
Data Mgmt Moderator
Data Mgmt Moderator

Topics: 91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: )MODEL section in PANELS Reply with quote

Hi,

In my panel I'm using )MODEL section to display a table. The requirement is that I want to display a input / output field beneath the table. But If I define the field in the )MODEL section it gets repeated with every row in the table, and If I declare )BODY section again below the )MODEL section it says "Duplicate )BODY section". When I tried to define the )MODEL section in a )AREA It says that )MODEL section cannot be defined in Scrollable Area. Now, How do I get a input/output field displayed below the Table.

I want my panel to look something like this :
Code:

2.         TSOXXXX.YYY.MMM        ABEDF               205

_ ENTER '/' TO VIEW DATASET

Can you help me solve this Issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Navin. J
DaveyC

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cannot with tables. You may want to look at dynamic areas...
raj051076
Beginner

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the panel code
)model rows(scan)

before displaying the panle do a TBSCAN to limit your display to the row you want to display.

Hope this helps.
Phantom
Data Mgmt Moderator
Data Mgmt Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raj,

Thanks for your suggestion. But, even if you limit the no. of rows to be displayed in the table, How & where to define the I/O field below the )MODEL section while defining the Panel. Even if you limit the display, the space below the table will be empty. How to get your field there? I tried your suggestion, but I could not succeed. If you have tried this before, kindly mail me your piece of code. It will be of great help to me.

At present I will be displaying two panels, one with the output field at the correct place where I want it. (ie. 1 0r 2 lines from the bottom of the screen) and then I will be displaying the second panel which contains the actual table in a Popup window such that I does not overlap with the panel below.

But, here too, I faced another problem. I could not have any Input field in the first panel(panel which is at the back), because once the panel loses its focus (i.e Once the second panel is displayed above the first panel) I am not able to place the cursor in the input field which is in the first panel.

If you have any suggestions kindly let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Navin. J
semigeezer
Supermod

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, a TBDISPL panel extends the )MODEL section down to the bottom of the panel. You can place anything you want above that though. If you need more control, you can use a static section in a scrollable area, or for maximum control, use a dynamic area. If you are just displaying table data and it is all output data, then a dynamic area is rather easy. It gets more complicated with non-tabular data or with input fields.
Phantom
Data Mgmt Moderator
Data Mgmt Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semigeezer,

If my understanding is correct, you say that instead of using the )MODEL section you are asking to me to display the output table in a scrollable area. Is that right ?. The requirement is that If the user places the cursor on one of the rows in the table and presses Enter, I will display the Text in the PS / MEMBER corresponding to the line no. displayed in the row, and If the user enters '/' in the input field and then chooses the row, I will open the Dataset and place the cursor in the beginning of the line, the line no. of which is displayed in the table.

The actual requirement of this REXX routine, is to search a list of PDS/PS for a string (just as the SUPERC does) and then display the output in a tabular format and let the user choose which Dataset to open. Its just a user friendly version of the SUPERC search. I'm just formatting the output of the SUPERC search in a user friendly format. Right now I have placed the input field above the table, but I am interested in placing the field beneath the table.

I am not very comfortable with Static / Dynamic areas in REXX. Can you spare some time with me explaining a bit about these things.

Thanks for all in Advance for you kind help.

Regards,
Navin. J
raj051076
Beginner

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom now I got what you want... you actually want the field below the model section to be displayed once..right???if that is the case I will tell you to move it above the model section...does it matter where this field is placed???
semigeezer
Supermod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look at the SRCHFOR function in data set list (option 3.4). It can search the displayed data sets for a string and let you edit the files from there. Basically, all a dynamic area is is a single variable that contains part of the screen image. YOu are responsible for the formatting and reading of it if it changes, but that usually isn't too bad, at least in rexx of if you are using an array (defining a variable over the storage allocated to an array) in a compiled language.

See http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ad/ispf/support/dynarea.html for a short example which includes scrolling and character level highlighting
s_shivaraj
Beginner

Topics: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom, did you find the answer for your post, if so can you share that. I am also looking for displaying some static data/field below the table. Thanks in advance.

'Technical Skill is the Master of complexity, while Creativity is the Master of Simplicity'
Terry_Heinze
Supermod

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been nearly 7 years since this thread was active. I suspect Phantom has gone on to fry new fish since then. Smile
semigeezer
Supermod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate fried fish Shocked
sorry - long day. On the other hand, I've been answering these questions for at least 7 years. maybe I need to go fry a new fish myself
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> TSO and ISPF All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: