MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mainframe to .Net/Java /SAP Conversion projects

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Related Non-Technical Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balaji.p.raman
Beginner

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Mainframe to .Net/Java /SAP Conversion projects Reply with quote

Dear all,
I apologize 1. if this topic has been already open.
2. as i am not experiencing any practical difficulties but posting out of curiousity

There are a lot of talks about converting the legacy systems (like the mainframes) into a modern day architechture like the SAPs and JAVA.
The main advantages being the cost effectiveness of these systems, ease at which we can operate etc. And also there are us, mainframe people putting up arguments every now and then stating we are here to stay and support ourselves with quantitative data all the time.
But I suspect the truth to be somewhere between!!

I hope the experts explain people like me where do we ideally stand as application programmers in Mainframes.
Ive seen articles stating that a junk of insurance players from the US and European markets are already looking into ERP solutions from SAP!

Kind regards,
Balaji
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Related Non-Technical Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: