MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assign Outclas a destination

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Job Control Language(JCL)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warp5
Intermediate

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Assign Outclas a destination Reply with quote

We have an Outclas 7 defined in Jes2. We want the output to go to a destination (different machine). I see no way to define a destination in the Outclas for Jes2. Does anybody know of a way how to do this or do we have to put the DEST= in every use of the SYSOUT=7 DD statement?
papadi
Supermod

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my area of expertise, but how are this and other definitions defined to your JES?

Could the same method not be used for this?

Suggest you work with the JES support people . . .

di
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warp5,

Did your try ROUTE parameter or PRMODE parameter?

From the JES2 Initialization and Tuning Guide

2.5.6.1 Characteristics of output classes

By specifying a process mode (PRMODE) for the particular device on which you require the system to process the SYSOUT data set(s), you avoid the problem of multiple destinations assigning the same output class to different devices. For example, if you send a SYSOUT data set to another node (for printing on a AFP printer), specify PRMODE=U3800 on the PRT(nnnn) initialization statement for that device. If you then specify PRMODE=U3800 on the JCL output statement of the data set you want, JES2 allows the device with PRMODE=U3800 to select that data set for printing. Additionally, JES2 can select any other work which matches any other process modes specified for that device.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/HAS2A380/CCONTENTS?
nevilh
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I know (without resorting to exits) and it is not very elegant is either to get the automation software (or jes/opc) to issue a command on a regular basis to route all output in class 7 to another dest. ($TOJQ7,dest=xxx). Otherwise you will have to start changing JCL
warp5
Intermediate

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even opend an issue with IBM on this, but they just confirmed that it is a no do except if I use a JES2 exit. So, I have changed the JCL in all the jobs, tedious, but it works. Is this request so unusual that IBM never thought about implementing a resolution?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Job Control Language(JCL) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: