Extra partition TDQ dataset
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> CICS and Middleware

#1: Extra partition TDQ dataset Author: apru PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:53 am
    —
In order to read the contents of a PS file ,I had defined an extrapartition TDQ.Now I have another program which has to write contents into the same dataset which has been defined for TDQ.On execution ,the program is waiting for the resource (dataset) since it is already in use by TDQ.How can I resolve this problem???Is it possible to write into the dataset???

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:05 am
    —
apru,

Try Indirect destinations—DFHDCT TYPE=INDIRECT

and check this link for DFHDCT example

#3:  Author: apru PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:54 am
    —
Thanks kolusu...

But I think I have to give a better description of my problem.Actually I have a program which writes some data into a PS dataset and inorder to read the contents of this dataset I have defined a TDQ for the dataset and using the TDQ, I have a program to read the contents from his extrapartition TDQ(inout mode).Before defining this TDQ, I was able to add data to the dataset using the first program .But once I defined TDQ for the dataset , when I try to execute the first program, I am getting the mesage-waiing for dataset.I even tried defining another extrapartition TDQ with output mode for the same dataset.But still I am facin the same issue .I am not able to find out why the dataset is in waiting state??

#4:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:58 am
    —
apru wrote:
Thanks kolusu...

But I think I have to give a better description of my problem.Actually I have a program which writes some data into a PS dataset and inorder to read the contents of this dataset I have defined a TDQ for the dataset and using the TDQ, I have a program to read the contents from his extrapartition TDQ(inout mode).Before defining this TDQ, I was able to add data to the dataset using the first program .But once I defined TDQ for the dataset , when I try to execute the first program, I am getting the mesage-waiing for dataset.I even tried defining another extrapartition TDQ with output mode for the same dataset.But still I am facin the same issue .I am not able to find out why the dataset is in waiting state??

I understood the problem correctly, I need you to read thoroughly the links I gave. You need to define the TDQ as INDIRECT for the 2nd program. So try reading the links I gave and understand them and try to implement that logic.

#5:  Author: apru PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:55 am
    —
Thanks Kolusu

It is working fine now Very Happy . Thanks a lot Very Happy . But I have another doubt.Actually I am reading from extrapartition TDQ into an array.Currently I am limiting the occurs clause to a fixed number.Is it possible to make the occurs clause flexible so that it will be able to accumulate any no:of records read from the extrapartition TDQ?.

#6:  Author: papadi PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:50 pm
    —
Quote:
Is it possible to make the occurs clause flexible so that it will be able to accumulate any no:of records read from the extrapartition TDQ?.

I believe the problem is not flexibility but rather volume. There is some volume that will not fit into an array.

Keep in mind that when you define an array with OCCURS DEPENDING ON the array will take the maximum amount specified.

#7:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:10 am
    —
apru wrote:
Thanks Kolusu

It is working fine now Very Happy . Thanks a lot Very Happy . But I have another doubt.Actually I am reading from extrapartition TDQ into an array.Currently I am limiting the occurs clause to a fixed number.Is it possible to make the occurs clause flexible so that it will be able to accumulate any no:of records read from the extrapartition TDQ?.

Prior to COBOL 5.1 , it has a limitation of 16MB per internal table. With COBOL 5.1 you have 999 MB limit.

Assuming that you are not yet using cobol 5.1 you can define multiple tables each with 16MB and use them.

But the biggest question is why do you need an internal array for reading the TDQ?

MVSFORUMS.com -> CICS and Middleware

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1