IMS database without .DATA suffix
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> IMS

#1: IMS database without .DATA suffix Author: misi01Location: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:36 am
    —
I'm afraid this might be something of a flaky append, but I'll try and explain as well as I can.
In production, the vast majority of our DL/1 databases have a naming convention of
Quote:

xxxx.yyyyyyyP.DBF051H
xxxx.yyyyyyyP.DBF051H.DATA
xxxx.yyyyyyyP.DBF051H.INDEX

(I'm not sure what TYPE of DL/1 database that makes them). However, a FEW of them are named
Quote:

xxxx.yyyyyyyP.DBF05

with NO .data or .index suffix files.

In our test environments, all the databases missing the .data/.index in prod DO have these suffixes, so in the example above (in test)
Quote:

xxxx.yyyyyyyT.DBF05

would exist as
Quote:

xxxx.yyyyyyyT.DBF05
xxxx.yyyyyyyT.DBF05.DATA
xxxx.yyyyyyyT.DBF05.INDEX

I've written a program that can copy a database from one environment to the other using the REPRO command (as long as the source database is of the .data/.index type).
For those without the suffixes, I run an IEBGENER. Trouble with this is when using these non-suffix databases in test programs that need to access the DBF05 database (from above), the program crashes.

Is there any way of copying a non-suffixed database to a suffixed one, either via REPRO or IEBCOPY or similar ?

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:05 pm
    —
misi01,

If your shop has File-Manager/File-Aid for IMS, you can invoke it to copy the databases. I believe your shop has File-Manager ( from your older posts)

#3:  Author: Nic CloustonLocation: At Home PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:03 am
    —
I am wondering if you resolved this?

MVSFORUMS.com -> IMS

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1