Changes to ISPF panels not taking effect
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> TSO and ISPF

#1: Changes to ISPF panels not taking effect Author: misi01Location: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:44 am
    —
I won't be surprised if this is a case of "that's the way ISPF works", but I thought I'd append with a question in case there's a simple workaround.

I have a number of PDS's that are pre-allocated as soon as I log on to TSO. One of these is an ISPF panel PDS.
What I see a lot is that if I make changes to the panel and save it, sometimes they take effect immediately, sometimes they take effect after I run a 7.2 and test the panel, and sometimes I simply have to log off TSO completely.

Is there a better way to get the changes working immediately?

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:53 am
    —
misi01,

check this

https://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?&t=1906

#3:  Author: misi01Location: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:38 am
    —
I read the thread you pointed to, but it didn't seem quite relevant to my scenario.
In mine, I am the only one using the panel. This means I run it, exit from it, make changes to it and then run it again.
Like I said, I never know which of the 3 alternatives then kicks in (works immed, works after a 7.2, works after logging off and on - though alternative 3 always works)

#4:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:07 pm
    —
misi01 wrote:
I read the thread you pointed to, but it didn't seem quite relevant to my scenario.

misi01,

Did you try "CONTROL DISPLAY LOCK" before the DISPLAY of the panel?

MVSFORUMS.com -> TSO and ISPF

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1