Do we have "Tip of the day"?
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> About Mvsforums

#1: Do we have "Tip of the day"? Author: chandanm PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:10 pm
    —
Hi Kolusu,

I m not sure whether this website has the feature to provide knowledge nuggets thru a daily dose of tips.

Could you have such a feature implemented on this website to display a "tip for the day" everyday, or a subscription area for interested members who can subscribe to receive such daily emails from this website.

This would help in sharing the knowledge in a better manner.

Regards,
Chandan

#2:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:49 pm
    —
chandanm,

Right now we don't have any method of generating tips. I don't want to start something which would die out within a few days.

Doing it on a day to day basis needs a dedicated person. As for me I cannot spend that much time on it as my hands are full.

Sorry !

Kolusu

#3:  Author: vkphani PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:17 pm
    —
Kolusu,

This is just a suggestion.
Why can't we have a separate forum for tips.
If we have such forum, users can post the tips in that forum itself.

#4:  Author: semigeezerLocation: Atlantis PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:38 pm
    —
I've always liked repositories of tips and odd facts. But they tend to fall apart quickly. Someone always responds to a post with a question, which sparks a discussion and the whole thing becomes just another chatty post.

On the other hand, I'd like to see a technical FAQ. There is a FAQ link that comes with the BBS software, but that is just a BBS FAQ.

I'd like to see a 'sticky' FAQ and a Topic related Tips thread in each category. Similar to the original FAQ idea (http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards/viewtopic.php?p=9572#9572).

A couple of people in each category with edit authority should be able to maintain them. Simple format - no discussion. I'd be happy to write/maintain the both the "TSO and ISPF" FAQ and Tips. If I create one or both, can we make it (them) sticky?

#5:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:47 am
    —
semigeezer,

Thanks for bringing up the FAQ idea which was supposed to be implemented long time ago.

I can create a forum for such questions, do we need sub categories also , or just one single forum ?

Ex: If you look at the GENERAL forum , We have 2 sub forums 1. Tools and Downloads 2. IT news

Kolusu

MVSFORUMS.com -> About Mvsforums

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1