send messages SMS from a JCL
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

MVSFORUMS.com -> Job Control Language(JCL)

#1: send messages SMS from a JCL Author: VanesaLocation: Spain PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:36 am
    —
it is possible to send messages SMS from a JCL to a mobile phone?

#2:  Author: Nic CloustonLocation: At Home PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:39 am
    —
No - JCL just tells the computer which programs to run and which files are required. There may be a program out there that can do it.

#3:  Author: VanesaLocation: Spain PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:43 am
    —
If it has done somebody it, it could say please to me that it programs has used

#4:  Author: Cogito-Ergo-SumLocation: Bengaluru, INDIA PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:46 am
    —
umm...generally, mobile service providers have a facility to have a mail id using your number in the format of your_number@your_service_provider. Try sending an email to this id and it will turn up as a SMS on your handheld.

#5:  Author: VanesaLocation: Spain PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:54 am
    —
It only needed to know if technically it is possible.

If finally I must program it, I will try what you send to me and I will put in the forum I have done since it.

Thank you very much

#6:  Author: Terry_HeinzeLocation: Richfield, MN, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:47 am
    —
Thanks for the reminder, Cogito. I tested e-mailing a msg to <my-cell-phone-number>@txt.att.net and it works great. Sending a reply back to my e-mail address worked fine, too. Smile

#7:  Author: sanjay guptaLocation: Bangalore PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:28 am
    —
Hi can any one tell me how to Send an SMS to a mobile from JCL? Sad

#8:  Author: dbzTHEdinosauerLocation: germany PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:21 am
    —
The truthfulness of NIC's answer (second post in this thread)
has not changed in the last few years.

actually, it will never change.

#9:  Author: FrankoLocation: Kansas City PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm
    —
Look into ZOSMAIL. This is a program that is run under TSO batch (IKJEFT01) and uses ZIP390 services. It will send messages to a cell phone client if you know the cell phone number and the service provider's mobile email address. For example: TMobile uses xxx@TMOMAIL.NET.
Code:

//DBMAIL   EXEC ZOSMAIL     
//MAIL     DD  *           
TO:9999999999@TMOMAIL.NET   
SUBJECT:TESTJOB CPT NORMALLY
/*

#10:  Author: sanjay guptaLocation: Bangalore PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:43 am
    —
Hi Franko thanks for your answer. Can you please give the JCL code for the above. And do we need any JOBLIB for the ZOMAIL? Sad

#11:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:55 am
    —
Franko,

Looks Like you are executing a PROC named ZOSMAIL. Check the expanded JCL and I think it is using SMTP which is used to send mails. AFAIK zosmail is not a standard TSO package.

Sanjay,

Search the forums here for SMTP and you will find many examples.

Kolusu

MVSFORUMS.com -> Job Control Language(JCL)

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1