Moving Servers
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
MVSFORUMS.com -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements

#16:  Author: Terry_HeinzeLocation: Richfield, MN, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:52 pm
    —
May I suggest you "bonk" someone else's head -- not your own. Smile

#17:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:40 am
    —
William Collins/Terry_Heinze,

Another round of testing as the hosting claims to have solved the issue. The limited testing I did seem to work. So give it another try and see if that works for you guys

Thanks

Kolusu

#18:  Author: William Collins PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:12 am
    —
It works until I shut the machine down (suspend or power-off). On re-start, I always have to log-in. Which is different from before.

Perhaps change the message to "sometimes" instead of "each visit" Smile

#19:  Author: Terry_HeinzeLocation: Richfield, MN, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:18 am
    —
I was asked to login this morning, but instead of asking for my ID and password, it logged me in all by itself.

#20:  Author: William Collins PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:31 am
    —
I was getting that last week as well. Now though, I have to click (it remembers by username and password). Every time I restart.

#21:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:39 am
    —
William Collins/Terry_Heinze,

Thanks for confirming. Now lets hope that the issue doesn't pop-up again.

#22:  Author: Terry_HeinzeLocation: Richfield, MN, USA PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:12 am
    —
Success! Was logged in automatically this morning.

#23:  Author: William Collins PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:40 am
    —
Mmmm..... Seems to be broken again. Back to having to log-in every time.

#24:  Author: Nic CloustonLocation: At Home PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:43 am
    —
I've always had to log in even when I check the box to log me in automatically. But it is no big deal - I simply have to click login - my details are pre-filled - asd long as I make sure ccleaner doesn't clear the relevant storage.

#25:  Author: William Collins PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:58 am
    —
Nic Clouston wrote:
I've always had to log in even when I check the box to log me in automatically...

You mean even before the server switch?

It's not a big problem, it is just to let Kolusu know. If Kolusu is paying for a service which is "same operationally as your previous, but better value" then it's nice to invoke the support when that is not true, let alone the possibility of it being a symptom of a wider problem.

#26:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:09 am
    —
Nic Clouston wrote:
I've always had to log in even when I check the box to log me in automatically. But it is no big deal - I simply have to click login - my details are pre-filled - asd long as I make sure ccleaner doesn't clear the relevant storage.

This was not the case when we moved to new server and I have seen this issue happen to me when the details aren't pre filled.

#27:  Author: Nic CloustonLocation: At Home PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:14 am
    —
Ever since 2007. I have never managed an automatic login and I have tried at various times over the year. I thought maybe I needed to do something apart from check the check-box but I never bothered to find out - one click and I am in anyway,

#28:  Author: William Collins PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:38 am
    —
If I go to http://www.mvsforums.com first and then to http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards I get automatically logged-in every time.

If I go directly to http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards things are more variable. If I've just restarted the machine, then definitely no, not logged-in automatically. Otherwise, sometimes automatic, sometimes not.

Before this server, it did not matter about how I got to http://www.mvsforums.com/helpboards, it logged-in automatically every time.

#29:  Author: William Collins PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:40 am
    —
Nope. That isn't consistent either Smile

#30:  Author: kolusuLocation: San Jose PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:42 am
    —
William Collins,

Still having issues??

MVSFORUMS.com -> MVSFORUMS - Announcements

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3