MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do the opening lines in PL/I Imply.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manojagrawal
Beginner

Topics: 29

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: What do the opening lines in PL/I Imply. Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what these first 2 lines in PL/I imply and wrt IMS what happens:

Quote:

Progname /* 03/24/03-11:36:45 */:
PROC OPTIONS(MAIN) REORDER;

Thanks & Regards
Manoj.
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manoj,

The first line seems to be a date of when the program is written/modified. Now as for the second , here is the explanation.

The procedure given initial control at run time must have the OPTIONS(MAIN) attribute. If more than one procedure has the MAIN option, the first one encountered by the linkage editor receives control.

ORDER or REORDER :ORDER and REORDER are optimization options that are specified for a procedure or begin-block.

The REORDER option allows the compiler to generate optimized code to produce the result specified by the source program when error-free execution takes place.

ORDER indicates that only the most recently assigned values of variables modified in the block are available for ON-units that are entered because of computational conditions raised during statement execution and expressions in the block.

These options has nothing to do with IMS

Hope this helps...

cheers

kolusu
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Application Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: