MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMPE Restore

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Utilities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwdazzo
Beginner

Topics: 20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: SMPE Restore Reply with quote

We have a user mod that does a ++ZAP to four modules that was run, then during a maintenance cycle some time later only 2 of the same modules were zapped again. Now it's time for maintenance again and the user mod has to be restored. I ran the restore on the user mod but only the last 2 modules zapped were restored. How can I restore the other 2 modules? Can I do a restore on just a module? Thanks
Bill Dennis
Advanced

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should restore BOTH usermods to get back to the original point. Were the two usermods different names or did you reuse the name and re-apply it?

Disclaimer: My comments on this foorum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
mwdazzo
Beginner

Topics: 20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: SMPE Restore Reply with quote

The mod name was the same for the second zap, so only the last 2 modules that were zapped were restored. Thanks
nevilh
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the old saying goes you are deep in the warm brown stuff. You could try re-applying the usermod with 4 zaps and then restoring it though I have my doubts that this would work. The easiest (not IBM recommended) way of fixing this is to reverse the two zaps that are still installed with a batch job outside of control of SMPE. This will mean that SMPE would be insynch again with what is in the target library.
warp5
Intermediate

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't get it. A restore should restore back to the last accept. Did you accept the first usermod with 4 zaps? Question
nevilh
Beginner

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I assumed the op did was to re-edit the usermod to perform two zaps and add a rework parm. Then you can REJECT/RECEIVE/APPLY this is quite common practice for USERMODS though not to be recommended if the USERMOD contains zaps. However unfortunately as in this case it makes going back difficult.
Bill Dennis
Advanced

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warp5,

Typically, usermods are for user customization beyond the normal product settings. They are not accepted because they frequently need to be restored to apply new product maintenance.

If they reworked the mod with only the two new zaps, that's all SMPE would now know how to "undo".

Disclaimer: My comments on this foorum are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity.
warp5
Intermediate

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he will have to undo the zaps by hand. All he has to do is turn the ver into a rep and the rep into a ver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> Utilities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: