MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index MVSFORUMS.com
A Community of and for MVS Professionals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Quick Manuals   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO DFSRESLB DDNAME

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> IMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
somuk
Beginner

Topics: 37

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: NO DFSRESLB DDNAME Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to browse some IMS database (BMP mode) in Fileaid. But I'm getting the below error message. How can I resolve this issue..

Code:

NO DFSRESLB DDNAME

Please help..
kolusu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somuk,

If I remember correctly DFSRESLB DD contains the IMS nucleus and required action modules for IMS. If you know the name of that you can add that name to the concatenation list of file-aid. Option 5 or some other option which says "Datasets from the File-AID for IMS" .

or ask your systems programmer to add it to the concatenation list

Kolusu
Anuj Dhawan
Intermediate

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kolusu is correct, dataset allocated to the DFSRESLB DD contains the IMS nucleus and required action modules.

If the IMS database dataset names used by a DL/I region are to be obtained from the IMS dynamic allocation member (MDA), then the MDA library needs to be included here also. In addition, any libraries containing IMS exits (such as the HDAM randomizing exit if it is not one of the IMS-supplied randomizers) need to be included here. All DFSRESLB datasets need to be MVS-authorized libraries.

RESLIB concatenations are treated differently from other ddname concatenations. If RESLIB datasets are preallocated, or are specified on the IMS Parameters screen, the DFSRESLB concatenation list defined to the environment is not used. This exclusion is done to assure that there is no unintentional mixture of IMS releases specified in the RESLIB concatenation.

Suggest you get in touch with the system programmers there, as suggested earlier too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    MVSFORUMS.com Forum Index -> IMS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: